2nd SG Chess Festival Rapid Open (Registration Closed)
Registration has been closed as the event capacity has been reached.
This year’s SG Chess Festival shall begin with a FIDE Rated, 7-round Rapid Tournament, to be held on 4 June from 930am to 830pm. Each round will consist of a fast-paced 15-minute game with a 10-second increment per move. This tournament presents a great opportunity to test your chess skills against both local and overseas chess players. We have also doubled the prize fund for this year’s event and we expect to see an increase in playing strength of this tournament!
Venue: Jurong Spring Community Club, 8 Jurong West Street 52, Singapore 649296
Date: 4 June 2023
Registration Deadline: 31st May
All entry fees are denoted in Singapore Dollars (SGD)
Unrated players: $125
Rated (for any time control) players: $105
Entry fees are waived for para athletes as defined by Para Athletics Singapore. Eligible impairment types can be found here.
10% discount for all SCF members (Being enrolled in a SCF program/course does not qualify as a membership)
15% discount for all NTP trainees (What is NTP?)
15% discount for Jurong GRC residents
All discounts shall not be accumulated
Entry fees are strictly non-refundable
The organizer reserves the right to reject any entries without any assigning reasons
Dress code: All participants are required to dress in smart casual wear – covered shoes and long pants (unless in school uniform).
Conduct: All players/parents/teachers in charge are reminded to maintain proper decorum. SCF may also suspend/ban the player from subsequent events depending on the severity of misbehavior.
Format and Time Control:
- 7 Rounds Swiss System
- 15 mins and 10 seconds increment from move 1
- Default time – when clock runs to zero
As this is a FIDE Rated event, all participants are required to have a FIDE ID.
Register for FIDE ID: https://tinyurl.com/registerSGPFIDEID
Only Singaporeans/PRs can apply through Singapore Chess Federation
|09.30 AM – 10.00 AM||Player Registration|
|10.00 AM – 10.30 AM||Opening Ceremony|
|10.30 AM – 10.45 AM||All players to be seated|
|10.45 AM – 11.00 AM||Arbiter’s Briefing|
|11.00 AM – 12.00 PM||Round 1|
|12.00 PM – 01.00 PM||Round 2|
|01.00 PM – 02.00 PM||Lunch Break|
|02.00 PM – 03.00 PM||Round 3|
|03.00 PM – 04.00 PM||Round 4|
|04.00 PM – 05.00 PM||Round 5|
|05.00 PM – 06.00 PM||Round 6|
|06.00 PM – 07.00 PM||Round 7|
|07.30 PM – 08.30 PM||Prize Giving|
All participants are required to attend and to stay throughout the prize giving ceremony.
- Direct encounter
- Buchholz Cut 1
- Sonnenborn Berger
- Cumulative system – Sum of Progressive Scores (Sum of Progressive Scores: After each round a player has a certain tournament score. These scores are added to determine the total Sum of Progressive Score)
Submission of Results
- Upon the completion of a match, both players shall submit the duly signed Results Sheets to the Arbiter in charge. Results slips once submitted cannot be changed and the results written will stand, no matter the outcome. Players are to ensure that results and pairings are correctly written.
- Where there is a walkover, this shall be indicated on the Result Sheet.
- Recording is not compulsory.
- Players shall have no right of claim in the case of a dispute if he/she does not keep a proper record of their games.
- Any dispute arising from a game shall be referred to the Section Arbiter or Chief Arbiter.
- Chief Arbiter’s decision shall be final.
- No correspondences will be entertained after the game.
- The use of mobile phones or ANY electronic devices is prohibited.
- All electronics will be switched off and kept in bags, and the bags will be stowed beneath the table during each round.
- Any ring or sound arising from such devices during the game shall be an immediate loss without appeal.
- Use of electronic devices and mobile phones are only allowed once players have exited the playing area.
- All players must be at their seats before the commencement of every round. Should a player arrive at their seat after a round has started, they will not be compensated for any time that may have elapsed from their clocks.
- Only players are allowed within the playing area. Once players have completed their games, they are deemed as spectators and must leave the playing area.
- Non-players of the event (parents/accompanying persons/spectators, etc) are not allowed within the Playing Area.
|Place/Category||Trophies||Cash Prize (SGD)|
All participants are entitled to one prize only.
All Age Group Prizes are tentative and subject to change, depending on the demographic profile of the participants.