2nd SG Chess Festival Team Tournament (Registration Closed)
Registration has been closed as the event capacity has been reached.
Get ready for an action-packed 7-round Team Rapid Chess Tournament!
This tournament is open to teams of four players, with players of all levels welcome to compete. The tournament will take place on 8th June with a time control of 15 minutes + 10 seconds increment per move.
So, assemble your team of 4 and get ready to compete in this exciting team rapid chess tournament against other teams and don’t miss out on the chance to compete and have fun!
Venue: Jurong Spring Community Club, 8 Jurong West Street 52, Singapore 649296
Date: 8 June 2023
Registration Deadline: 31st May
Entry fee is denoted in Singapore Dollars (SGD)
Team of 4 people: $185
Entry fees are deducted by 25% for each GMs/WGMs/IMs/WIMs and para athlete in team
10% discount for all SCF members (Being enrolled in a SCF program/course does not qualify as a membership)
15% discount for all NTP trainees (What is NTP?)
15% discount for Jurong GRC residents
All discounts shall not be accumulated
Entry fees are strictly non-refundable
The organizer reserves the right to reject any entries without any assigning reasons
Dress code: All participants are required to dress in smart casual wear – covered shoes and long pants (unless in school uniform).
Conduct: All players/parents/teachers in charge are reminded to maintain proper decorum. SCF may also suspend/ban the player from subsequent events depending on the severity of misbehavior.
- Each team must consist of 4 players, including a captain
- The line up will be fixed in order as per registration
- No switching of boards is allowed during the tournament
- Any violation of board sequence is liable for forfeit of that round
- Multiple violations of board sequence will result in disqualification from the tournament
- The average rating of all players in a team must not exceed 2300. Rating taken will be the highest out of standard, rapid, and blitz at the point of registration.
|09.30 AM – 09.45 AM||Player Registration|
|09.45 AM – 10.00 AM||Arbiter’s Briefing|
|10.00 AM – 11.00 AM||Round 1|
|11.00 AM – 12.00 PM||Round 2|
|12.00 PM – 01.00 PM||Round 3|
|01.00 PM – 02.00 PM||Lunch Break|
|02.00 PM – 03.00 PM||Round 4|
|03.00 PM – 04.00 PM||Round 5|
|04.00 PM – 05.00 PM||Round 6|
|05.00 PM – 06.00 PM||Round 7|
|06.30 PM – 07.30 PM||Prize Giving|
All participants are required to attend and to stay throughout the prize giving ceremony.
Format and Time Control:
- 7 Rounds Swiss System
- 15 mins and 10 seconds increment from move 1
- Default time – when clock runs to zero
- The event is not FIDE rated. However, FIDE Laws of Chess shall apply.
- Total number of match points
- Total number of game points
- Direct Encounter
- Buchholz Cut 1
Submission of Results
- Players who have completed their game shall record the result on the scoresheet provided.
- Captains shall submit the scoresheet to the Chief Arbiter or his assistants once all the games for their team have finished.
- Results slips once submitted cannot be changed and the results written will stand, no matter the outcome. Players are to ensure that results and pairings are correctly written.
- Where there is a walkover, this shall be indicated on the Result Sheet.
- Recording is not compulsory.
- Players shall have no right of claim in the case of a dispute if he/she does not keep a proper record of their games.
- Any dispute arising from a game shall be referred to the Section Arbiter or Chief Arbiter.
- Chief Arbiter’s decision shall be final.
- No correspondences will be entertained after the game.
- The use of mobile phones or ANY electronic devices is prohibited.
- All electronics will be switched off and kept in bags, and the bags will be stowed beneath the table during each round.
- Any ring or sound arising from such devices during the game shall be an immediate loss without appeal.
- Use of electronic devices and mobile phones are only allowed once players have exited the playing area.
- All players must be at their seats before the commencement of every round. Should a player arrive at their seat after a round has started, they will not be compensated for any time that may have elapsed from their clocks.
- Only players are allowed within the playing area. Once players have completed their games, they are deemed as spectators and must leave the playing area.
- Non-players of the event (parents/accompanying persons/spectators, etc) are not allowed within the Playing Area.
|Place/Category||Trophies||Cash Prize (SGD)|
All participants are entitled to one prize only.
All Age Group Prizes are tentative and subject to change, depending on the demographic profile of the participants.